It’s happening again this March (20th and 21st), the Milang Regatta Club are hosting the 4th annual “Point Sturt To Milang Downwinder”!. We will again be supporting the charity: Disabled Surfers of Australia.
The weekend will roughly go like this:
==== Saturday (20/03/2021) DOWNWINDER ====
11:00 AM – Meet on the Milang foreshore (grass) and KSA registration (please sign up online, sign up will be open online until 11am on the Saturday 2/3, no cash taken)
12:00 PM – Safety Briefing at Milang Regatta Club. As soon as there is enough wind we will organise lifts for the downwinder.
6:00 PM – Dinner, drinks and some music!
==== Sunday (21/03/2021) BREAKFAST & FREE RIDING ====
- Bacon and egg breakfast at the Milang Regatta Club
- Relax for another day on or off the lake!
==== LIGHT WIND ACTIVITIES ====
- Lawn Activities – We’ll have volleyball setup and some frisbees flying around on the reserve (wind dependent).
- Oldest Kites Display! – Bring your oldest kites and pump them up, a prize will be awarded to the oldest kite that still inflates!
==== GENERAL NOTES ====
The Milang sailing club have been hospitable, allowing us to swag/sleep in the club rooms Saturday night, and not to mention that they will be providing all the food/drinks for us! Including eggs, bacon, and iced coffee the Sunday morning ;) There is also accommodation at the caravan park; cabins and camping. Cost for the whole weekend is $50, which includes event T-shirt dinner on Saturday night, breakfast Sundaymorning, and all event organisation.
Participants to the race and downwinder must be KSA members fot insurance and safety purposes. Event membership can be bought for the weekend also.
Bring your family and friends, and enjoy the lakeside views or even learn to sail by one of the Milang members. Pencil in these dates as it will be a fun weekend!
- Signup here: https://www.kiteboardingaus.com.au/events/78713/
- Facebok event updates here: https://www.facebook.com/events/524978198480060/
The team at KSA